Thursday, August 13, 2009

Neologist

Well, I just learned that there really is a term for one who makes up new words. I thought making up new words is just caused by some troubling inside us, that makes us create a word and put some meaning to it.


I love new words, and learning a new one everyday is a challenge to me. That's one way of enriching your vocabulary.

One who makes up new words is called a neologist. Some of my friends are neologists too, especially gay ones, hehe. So, are you a neologist too?

2 comments:

  1. My friends and I have some invented words but of course we're the only ones who understand our neologisms. They're mostly job-related, and are sometimes coined by our students without even knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hackers and geeks are great neologists. They're so logical.

    ReplyDelete